How to really really really carve a snowboard. Pt #1.
Watch in HD
And please "like" if ya like!
Board: Burton Custom 158W (camber)
1. Silent upper body with torso bent and facing forward. This allows dynamic movements of the lower body and board.
2. Practice quick little turns while maintaining silent upper body
3. Point board straight down hill (at low speeds) and point and flex your feet to get a feel for how the sidecut of your board reacts with the snow.
4. Once comfy with the sidecuts motions through the snow, push into the sidecut and hold pushing it into the snow to make carves across the run.
5. Combine making little mini carves in between the large carves you are doing across the run.